Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Klingon Christmas Carol

You can tell you are a Trekkie when you go to see the play "A Klingon Christmas Carol" instead of watching the new movie of the original version... Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen the original version... Anyway, I went to see this tonight with my parents. It was surprisingly humorous and very good! I felt like I was with my own kind in the audience because, obviously, they were all Trekkies! "Scrooge has no honor, nor any courage. Can three ghosts help him to become the true warrior he ought to be in time to save Tiny Tim from a horrible fate? Performed in the Original Klingon with English super titles, and narrative analysis from The Vulcan Institute of Cultural Anthropology." That Vulcan narrator, in my opinion, got the logical Vulcan persona spot-on! It was very interesting to see a Klingon coward because you normally only see warrior Klingons while watching Star Trek. Klingon Tiny Tim was actually a puppet, but he had some of the best lines! Example - Tiny Tim: "Scrooge, pass the gagh." Scrooge: "What do you say?" Tiny Tim: "NOW!" I cannot wait to see this play again next year! Any Trekkie living in Minnesota who happens to read this post, I really recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment